Private Internet Access is among the most widely used virtual private network services around. But will it meet the expectations? We have a critical look at a few of the crucial aspects with regards to anonymity and enable users to include their personal reviews.
Private Internet Access is really a VPN service that meets the requirements of most users, from tech illiterates to individuals preferring to tweak probably the most detailed network settings.
But could it be really anonymous? We made the decision to inquire about the company a couple of privacy oriented questions.
1. Would you keep ANY logs which may permit you to match an IP-address along with a time stamp to some user of the service? If that’s the case, precisely what information would you hold as well as for how lengthy?
PIA: We don’t log, period. Including, however, is not restricted to, any traffic data, DNS data or meta (session) data. Privacy our policy.
2. What’s the most dependable VPN connection and file encryption formula you’d recommend for your users? Would you provide tools for example “kill switch” if your connection drops and DNS leak protection?
PIA: Probably the most secure virtual private network connection and file encryption formula that people would recommend to the users could be our suite of AES-256, RSA 4096 and SHA1 256. However, AES-128 should be considered quite safe. For users of non-public PIA particularly, we provide add-on tools to assist ensure our beloved clients’ privacies including:
– Kill Switch : Helps to ensure that visitors are only routed with the VPN so that when the Virtual private network connection is suddenly ended, the traffic would not be routed.
– IPv6 Leak Protection : Protects clients from websites which might include IPv6 embeds that could leak IPv6 IP information.
– DNS Leak Protection : This really is built-in and helps to ensure that DNS demands are created with the Virtual private network on the safe, private no-log DNS daemon.
– Shared IP System : We mix clients’ traffic with lots of clients’ traffic by using an anonymous shared-IP system making certain our users match everyone else.
3. Which payment systems would you use and just how are these associated with individual user accounts?
PIA: We utilize a number of payment systems including, although not restricted to, PayPal, Stripe, Amazon, Google, Bitcoin, Stellar, CashU, Ripple, Most Major Commercially Made Gift certificate, PIA Gift certificates (obtainable in stores for “cash”), and much more.
4. Is BitTorrent along with other file-discussing traffic permitted?
PIA We don’t make an effort to filter, monitor, censor or interfere with our users’ activity by any means, shape or form. BitTorrent is, obviously, permitted.
More questions and solutions regarding Private Internet Access’ anonymity policies can be found in out this full Private Internet Access Review.